Veneers are thin shells that are applied over your own teeth. Before they are applied, we file down a layer of enamel from your teeth, so that the veneers fit onto your teeth smoothly. Then, we take an impression of your teeth to create the perfect shapes and size for your customized veneers. Veneers are made of porcelain or resin, both of which are very strong substances.
The Advantages Of Veneers
Veneers can be an awesome cosmetic solution for gaps between teeth, cracks, chips, discoloration and even minor misalignment. There are many advantages in choosing veneers:
- The material that veneers are made of, porcelain, mimic the light-reflecting quality and texture that natural teeth have.
- Veneers come in a wide variety of shades of white. This allows you to pick a shade of white that looks most natural with your face and smile.
- Porcelain is highly stain resistant which means that cigarette smoke, coffee, tea and red wine won’t discolor your veneers.
- For patients with healthy teeth, veneers can also be used as a substitute for crowns.
Are Veneers Right For You?
Although veneers can be a great alternative to braces, teeth whitening treatments, and crowns, they are not for everyone.
- If you tend to grind your teeth, you may be at risk of cracking or chipping the veneer covers
- Patients with badly decayed teeth or large fillings aren’t the best candidates for veneers
- Part of the treatment requires removing a layer of protective enamel and as a result,your teeth may feel more sensitive
- It is important to keep in mind that the process of veneers cannot be reversed
Veneers can last up to ten years with proper care, but they are one of the more costly cosmetic treatments available. For that reason, some patients choose to get veneers on their most visible front teeth. Consult your cosmetic dentist to learn all your options.
Ask Your Dental Made Easy Specialist
The best way to decide whether or not veneers are right for you is to speak with your doctor. Our staff members are always happy to answer any questions you might have about our treatments.
To set up your appointment give us a call at (844) 979-EASY (3279). We have offices in Forest Hills, Queens, Little Caribbean, Brooklyn and Garden City, Long Island. Walk-ins welcomed, we take emergencies and we are open on late nights to accommodate patients with a busy schedule. We hope to see you soon!